Take a tour into the past and explore the mystique creatures and plants that once lived on Earth. Discover where one can find fossils and have fun making your own “fake fossil”. Learn how they form and how scientists use them to unlock secrets of the past.
The participants will make their own “fake” fossil.
The workshop introduces the learners to the concept of fossilization. They will learn how fossils form , in what kind of rocks we can find fossils and what scientist can learn from fossils.
What the participants will need:
• Modeling clay or Play Dough
• 1 cup Plaster of Paris
• ½ cup water
• A small paper or polystyrene cup
• Leaves or plastic dinosaurs, bugs, shells or twigs
• Old large yoghurt pot or bowel to mix plaster in
• An old spoon, or plastic spoon
• Paper towels