Join WWF Southern African Sustainable Seafood Initiative (SASSI) as we engage in meaningful, cutting-edge conversation around climate change and its impact on our marine ecosystems. With findings from latest international research coupled with local indigenous knowledge, we provide a lens into the topic of climate change and oceans, as well as sharing a range of solutions. Everyone can be part of the solution for a resilient ocean future through small but significant behaviour change. Using the WWF-SASSI list is one easy way to make a difference. Learn more on this as well as take-home tips on everyday climate actions in this webinar. This session will be presented by WWF-SASSI and will unpack the following:
- 1. Celebrating the beauty, diversity and value of our oceans
- 2. The five biggest threats to our ocean including anthropogenic impacts of seafood consumption and climate change
- 3. How will climate change impact oceans, globally & locally?
- 4. The human element: Insights from the new WWF report on climate change modelling using the South African linefishery as a case study, enhanced by indigenous knowledge learnings based on interview with linefishers.
- 5. All is not lost: Solutions in fisheries management, adaptation and mitigation. 6. What can you do to take action? The WWF-SASSI list as a tool, and other everyday climate actions you can take.